Use the Revolut Business Sandbox environment to test your Merchant account integration before you push the code changes to the production environment.
To get started, complete the following steps:
- Sign up for a Sandbox account on Revolut Business Sandbox environment.
- Get the Sandbox API key and use it in the headers of requests on your server side.
Only test cards will work in the Sandbox environment.
If you have installed one of our plugins, you can test payments by changing the mode of the plugin to the Sandbox mode (or Test mode in some cases). You can find a link to configure each one of our plugins below:
- Configuration of the WooCommerce plugin
- Configuration of the Prestashop plugin
- Configuration of the Magento plugin
If you are doing your own bespoke implementation or simply testing our APIs, just follow these 2 steps:
- Change the address of the endpoints that you want to test from
- Specify the
sandboxenvironment in the second parameter of RevolutCheckout. Here is what it should look like:
type RevolutCheckout = ( token: string, mode?: 'prod' | 'sandbox' = 'sandbox') => Promise<Instance>;
When you are confident that everything works as expected on the Revolut Business Sandbox environment, you can revert the endpoint address back to
https://merchant.revolut.com/ in both the Merchant API requests and embed script, and replace the Sandbox API key with Production API key in the Merchant API requests.
Now you are ready to accept real payments!